Bobby's World

Bobby's World

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

O Christmas Tree

Bobby loves our Christmas tree more than I ever could, and I happen to really love Christmas trees.  I (just like my Mom) have this true love of Christmas ornaments.  Not sure why, but the two of us can, and do, spend alot of time window shopping (yes, some buying too) for Christmas tree ornaments.  My favorite are traditional, country ornaments.  I also love the big glass bulbs that are hand painted.  Bobby also loves the glass bulbs and has broken many of mine.  In the past few years he has broken many of my favorite ornaments.  Because of this, last year I decided to leave the ornaments off until Christmas Eve when I put the ornaments on to "get ready for Santa,"  really just so the tree would look better for the Christmas morning pictures.

This year I couldn't bear to have an undecorated tree for a month.  I also couldn't stand to be chasing Bobby around for said month because he took ornaments off of the tree and was carrying them around.  I was at Sam's Club when the solution came to me.  They had a big 'ol container of "shatterproof" bulbs for not too much money.  My wonderful husband said, "get it if you want it."  Love those words!!  I bought some matching ribbon to use as a topper and a matching set of "picks." 

I have never had a matchy, trendy tree before.  I definitely don't love it as much as my traditional ornaments, which are all safely nestled downstairs in their storage container.  Bobby's handprint and picture ornament treasures will remain undisturbed until Bobby is older.  So for this year, and probably the next few more, we have a sparkly, glittery tree.
Vat of bulk ornaments.

The ornaments say shatterproof and are indeed shatterproof.  The nonglittered balls feel just like ball pit balls.  Bobby carried a couple around bounced them off of the ground.  I tried it too, and they are fine.  The glittery ones must have been dipped in glitter paint because the glitter doesn't get everywhere like you would expect it to.
Ribbon and picks make our tree topper.


A couple of my favorite ornaments.



Bobby didn't try to help decorate the tree.  After the lights were on, he was finished.  He is too busy looking to help. 
One of Bobby's favorite places...behind the tree.

We have to keep the tree far away from the wall so that Bobby can safely get to the back.
Our tree. 

Next year I hope to try this look with white lights.  I bet Bobby will disagree!!  Now...wish someone would come over and drag the rest of the storage containers upstairs that hold the outdoor decorations, the household decorations.........

No comments:

Post a Comment